FINANCE AND BUSINESS
Accounting services workers compile and analyze account information, recommend financial decisions, prepare balance sheets along with profit and loss statements, summarize current financial status, audit documents, and recommend policies and procedures.
Students in Accounting Services are trained in the following subject areas:
- Formatting and analyzing financial data
- Computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete
- Managing financial processes like accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Preparing itemized statements, bills, or invoices, and recording amounts due for items purchased or services rendered
Before entering the Accounting Services program, students must:
- Complete the core curriculum with passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Have strong math and reading skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Students who complete a Finance and Business training area can earn nationally recognized credentials from organizations such as Certiport, which is the national standard in Microsoft training and credentialing.
HOW MANY MONTHS
IT TAKES TO COMPLETE
FOR THIS CAREER
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Attention to detail